Thursday, October 18, 2012

Time to Panic

So, I have done something mindblowingly dumb.

I have lost my #1 pair of running shoes. Well, it's not the shoes I'm so concerned with - I have about 4 pairs in my rotation - but I lost the shoes that have my beloved Footdisc (now called Currexsole) insoles in them. The insoles that I have used exclusively since March. So yeah, I'm panicking.

I have no idea how this happened. The only thing I can come up with is that I somehow left them at the gym. I teach a lot of fitness classes, and discovered in the first week that doing step aerobics, jumping, and lateral movements doesn't work well at all in my running shoes. I bought a pair of New Balance training shoes and they have been wonderful. So if I plan on running while I am at the gym, I take my running shoes with me and change into them. I tend to be very forgetful, so I guess it possible that I changed out of them and left them, even though I could swear I didn't. I checked with the lost & found, and they didn't have them  (insert super sad face).

I paid a zillion dollars and ordered another pair of insoles on Amazon with Saturday delivery, so I guess I'm breaking the cardinal rule of marathoning - never anything new on race day. I don't know what else to do. I do have a few pair of Superfeet insoles that I ran in quite a bit in years past, but after doing a short 4-miler today in them, they feel very stiff and bulky.

Bahhhhh I am so mad at myself. If I was one of those people who run multiple marathons a year, this wouldn't be such a big deal. But I guess I have so much riding on this one, something going wrong just sucks. Sucks a lot.

UPDATE: THE SHOES HAVE BEEN LOCATED!!! I somehow put them in a box that was headed for the recycling bin. Yeah, I have no idea either. I might need to have my head checked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment