Monday, August 5, 2013

RWP - 37 Weeks

Hello, full term!

Another week has come and gone. It is now August, which means I'm having a baby this month! Which is so exciting and so terrifying. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm scared too! Become a parent is kind of a big deal!

This was another great week in pregnant exercise land! I got new shoes - scored a pair of Asics Gel Neo-33's on clearance. They fit great right out of the box and feel great! I am so not big on paying a lot for running/training shoes - I usually look for last season's model on sale.

My week looked like this:

Monday: 3 miles, ran 1.25 mi
Tuesday: walked 3 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles, ran 1.25
Thursday: 3 miles, ran .5 mi
Friday: rest
Saturday: 3 miles, "ran" 1 mi
Sunday: 3 miles, "ran" 1 mi (and a froyo stop at 2.5, because, why the hell not?)

18 miles total! One of my highest totals in a while! Ran 5 miles of that total. I'm cool with that. :)

I emphasize the word "run" because my physical motion is one of running, but my speed was so slow at times that my husband just walked briskly alongside me. But I think that it still counts, and I hate the word 'jogging', so I'm rolling with it.



I've also been doing some cat/cow and pigeon stretches at home to help with my back/hip pain. My hip is still sore, but not nearly as bad as it was a week ago. Oddly enough, it hurts more to walk that run - I think that the walking is a longer stride/step for me, so it brings on more pain. My typical pattern is to walk for at least 1 mile to start, and then I run a little, and stop every 1/2-1 mile for walk breaks. I'm totally not into pushing it. I chat with my husband the whole time so I know I'm not even close to being out of breath.

My belly is starting to 'drop' so the support belt actually felt pretty good this week. I won't lie, I am getting more aches and pains all over, but all of them are normal at this stage in pregnancy. It still feels good to me to keep moving, which is the goal! We had an ultrasound this week and little guy looks great - he has a big head (not surprised, both of us have large heads) and we even got to see him kick himself in the face on screen! The MFM had a pretty good laugh at that one! I'm just jealous of his flexibility. Putting on anything with leg holes these days is a serious challenge for me.

Yes, yes they are

This is going to be a very eventful week for us - our movers are coming to pack up most of our household goods, and then we are just waiting on baby to join us! I see my midwife weekly now, so we'll see what this week brings.

37 Weeks! Wore my own shirt for a change. #nosleevesforlife



No comments:

Post a Comment