Thursday, April 19, 2012

Running Goals

I tend to be a very unorganized person. I have tried and tried in my (almost) 30 years and it just never happened. I think that part of my brain is missing. Running is one of the few things I've actually planned, stuck to the plan, and executed with success.

So I am setting some goals for myself for this year, because otherwise I worry I'll just flounder around.

1) To run a sub 1:40 half marathon. I would be happy with 1:42, but I think with some work I can do better.

2) To run another marathon this year. I REALLY want to BQ, but that might be a tall order. My best half was last year, 1:45:55, and I recently ran a 1:12 15K. I have 6 months to train, so right now, the goal is high: to BQ!

3) To strength train 3 days a week. I struggle with committing the to gym. Many weeks I'll only end up there for 2 days a week.

4) To do more yoga. Right now I'm only going once a week. That's got to improve. Years of running has left me really inflexible. I seriously can't even do half pigeon pose.

And... I guess that's it. For now!

No comments:

Post a Comment