Tuesday, July 9, 2013

RWP - 33 Weeks

Another week of pregnancy in the books here!

This was a good week! I had more good days than bad days, which is always good. We had the mother of all heatwaves here in Boston, so that kind of sucked, but I worked around it. I am just not willing to chance overheating these days, and seeing as how it was in the 90s for 5 days straight, my workouts had to move mostly indoors.

My week of workouts:

Monday: Ran 3.5 miles
Tuesday: Ran 3 miles
Wednesday: Bike trainer, 11 miles, 35 minutes
Thursday: Off, 4th of July! I ate burgers and watched fireworks instead. :)
Friday: Gym - Elliptical 30 mins, 25 min strength training, 15 min recumbent bike
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Ran/Walked 3 miles

So almost 10 miles on foot and 5 days of workouts! I will call that a major success at this stage in my pregnancy game. I took a good bit of walk breaks, but overall it was still mostly running (very slowly) so dammit, it still counts as running!

33 weeks. Now wearing my husband's singlets (glad he doesn't like sleeves either)


I also enjoyed doing the elliptical and bike at the gym (and the glorious A/C) but woke up Saturday generally feeling terrible, along with excruciating left piriformis pain. I've battled this pain since February - I think it began with overuse from teaching fitness classes (when I was probably doing 200+ squats and lunges a day) and never really resolved itself. I've tried stretching and foam rolling, but none have really offered me anymore than very temporary relief. I caved and made an appointment with a massage therapist this week - hopefully she can help me work it out out a bit. I really want to stay active as long as I can! I could deal with the pain up until now because it really only bothered me in specific positions - particularly bending over or standing up (putting on shoes and socks has been painful for a while). But this week it hurts just to sit or to even sleep on the affected hip, so it was time to get professional help.

I also got my very own car this week! This is very exciting in my world because we've been a one-car family for 2 years now - we sold my car before moving to Boston. Now that we're having a baby and moving to a much more rural area soon, I will need a way to get around with the baby. After several weeks of online research and going to a few dealerships, I decided on the Jetta Hybrid. It is beautiful and I love it! I only had a few requirements - I wanted excellent fuel economy, leather interior, and navigation. This fulfills all those very well!

Obligatory new car photo
Onward to week 34! Time is really flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment