Monday, July 22, 2013

RWP - 35 Weeks

I think the title of this may be slightly deceiving, but I'll go with it anyway!

I got in almost 14 miles this week... but only 1 mile of that was actual running. The rest was walking. The heat was killer this week and there was just no way I could safely run in it. Most days it way still close to 90 degrees at dusk! I also started to have some pain and discomfort this week so I erred on the side of caution and just walked.

Monday: Walked 2.5 miles
Tuesday: 2.75 miles, ran 1 mile of it
Wednesday: Walked 2.75 miles
Thursday: Off
Friday: My birthday! Off! It was also like the hottest day EVER in Boston. It felt like Vegas!
Saturday: Walked 3 miles
Sunday: Walked 2.6 miles

There were also some squats in there - I try to do 60 or so on most days (3 sets of 20).

I really thought my running days might be over, but I'm not so sure. We've had a break in the heat and I've felt pretty good, so we'll see what this week holds. Oddly enough, after 2 days of inactivity last week, I started to have some swelling and pain issues in my ankles, and ice/elevation was of little to no help. I got out and walked briskly on Saturday night, and the pain and swelling dissipated almost immediately. I think I function much better when I'm active!

I turned 31 on Friday - we kept it pretty low key. We went to IKEA, picked out a new sofa, ate some meatballs, and bought a dresser for the little guy. We shopped around a little more for him, and then ate dinner at my favorite restaurant in our neighborhood. I was in bed by 10. It was a good day, even it was 100 degrees!
Do you think I qualify?

Virgin Bloody Mary at brunch. So not the same without the vodka.

baby laundry! 

OMG Submarine outfit. SO CUTE

So, onward into week 36 - less than a month until my due date! I'm also hoping to actually get back to pictures of me in workout gear, it's pretty hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment